Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lunch in Saigon

OK.  So I feel a little weird about all the eating out I've done this week. I haven't gone out this much in years.  Today I stepped out with my friend Ya-Ya in search of bathing nets.  My husband and I use them and I was game to get more. She said she new of a Korean Store that had them so we made a date to go in search of them today.

Well, when we got to the location we learned the Korean Store has since become Hispanic Grocery.  There were no nets to be found.  So much for that.  Since we were there, we decided to venture across the street to the Veterinary Clinic to see if they still had her 'resting-in-peace' dog's ashes.  That was a bust too because it was now a brokerage office.  At least that's what the guy said.  It looked a little shady and he said they had been there two years now. Well, if you have been there two years, how about removing the giant sign announcing you are a veterinary clinic? 

Steamed Rice w/Charbroiled Chicken
We gave up and decided to make the trip back north to the large Asian Market Place.  Deciding we were going to buy tofu and sprouts, we headed for the grocery only to be stopped by the noodle house sign.  We scrapped the cooking idea and decided to spend a nice leisurely lunch at Pho Saigon Noodle House.   We had good conversation to accompany the Steamed Rice and Charbroiled Chicken.  Of course I made the mistake of tasting the chili sauce only to have it travel down the wrong side of my throat.  I didn't do the gag-cough but the fit was there all the same.  It was all good though because someone else apparently made the same mistake as they had a coughing fit too.


Incognito Ya-Ya
 In any case I had a great time and will chalk this up to another great day. I snapped a couple of pics with my phone and she told me she'd better not find her picture on Facebook.  I told her I wouldn't.  I'll put it here instead. Lol.   Later I will be marking some miles on the treadmill thanks to the fact that my clean plate did not require a doggy bag.  Oh well.  If spending a good time with a friend means sweating it out later, I'm down for it.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Quote of the day:  “One of the delights of life is eating with friends, second to that is talking about eating. And, for an unsurpassed double whammy, there is talking about eating while you are eating with friends.”  ~Laurie Colwin 'Home Cooking'

No comments: