Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm Chillin'

Last night at about 10pm I was organizing my 'To Do' list in my head while lying in bed. I was feeling so motivated to get things done. I planned to clean, cook, apply to a couple of jobs I've been holding, doing my hair, mopping, scrubbing the toilet....the list goes on and on. 

I learned something new about myself this morning.  I don't know why I didn't realize it before now.  What I learned is that I have serious confidence and motivation just before my body lets me in on it's secret that the Red River Parade is about to happen.  I'm serious.  I have so much energy and can rock  the best workout of the month in the gym.  I finally get the motivation to do something about the clutter around me. I'm eating everything I can think of but am crazy proud because it is usually the best recipe I've created.  The confidence factor can be as little as me taking the time to back into a tight parking space regardless of the 15 cars that are waiting on me. Yeah...I did that!  Or it can be me busting out a sprint interval on the treadmill next to that slender, muscular, probably 18 year-old guy next to me.  Yeah...I did that too and didn't give a damn what he thought.

I discovered this today because I was without it all this morning when the Parade was upon me.  I tossed and turned in bed because I was no longer sleepy.  I finally got up and looked at my scribbled list on the bedside table.  I got up and grabbed a handful of dirty laundry and started it before I even thought of taking the dogs out.  That's about as far as I got.  Somewhere between the laundry room and the dog park, I lost the motivation, energy and just didn't care.  I told my husband about this.  He looked at me and hugged me and said, 'Why don't you just relax today.'  I thought about that for a split second and agreed.

So here I sit with my feet up, half-watching some movie and fighting the thought that I'm just being lazy.  It's Monday.  I've actually accomplished some things and that just might be enough for a Monday.  I will do my best to enjoy it.  Hope yall are having a good one!

Quote of the Day:  Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which can only be acquired by occasional retirement. ~ Johann Georg von Zimmermann

No comments: