Friday, September 23, 2011

Good Samaritans

I was reading a book last night and found this part the story of the Good Samaritan.  It states:
"Psychologists tested the story of the Good Samaritan. What they learned gives us reason to pause. The greatest determinant of who stopped to help the stranger in need was not compassion, morality, or religious creed. It was those who had the time. Makes me wonder if I have time to do good. "

Funny how I just read that last night and was perusing my regular Good Morning America stories and this Story caught my attention.  It is definitely a good read and makes me feel there is hope to be had for our youth. 

Today I will see what I can do to make time to do something for someone. Hope everyone is having a good morning!

Quote of the Day:  The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?" ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: