Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cleaning It Up and Giving Thanks

Today is full.  We were up early to complete a 3.5 mile walk/run outside.  It was so very good. Nice and cool breeze and good shade along the way.  It was followed up with a 1.5 mile job on the treadmill.  That was my husband's solution to my running issue I've been having.  I can increase my run interval on the treadmill but the minute I get outside it's like I'm starting from the beginning. It's crazy.  It was much better on the treadmill this morning.

After getting home, we got ready for church.  Today was the husband's place of worship. We take turns worshipping at different locations because he's Catholic and I'm Baptist.  Luckily we are both more about faith than religion so it's a good thing.  That and it being the anniversary of 9/11, it was much easier to find a parking space and seat at that church. I even got one at the door AND was able to back into it.  In any case, the service was good.  No matter how we remember this day, I think we all have to remember in the end forgiveness has to be included in the memory.

So, we came home and were both crazy hungry.  I guess our usual breakfast was no match for the 5 mile calorie burner.  Because I said this week I was going to be eating as clean as possible, I planned on a salad.  The husband made his okra sauce last night so he busted out some serious carb-o-licious masa and then rice to accompany it.  A good reason we don't share our lunches.  I can't eat like that at lunch. I would be sleepy the remainder of the day!  My salad was super delicious and fiber fabulous.


Dinner will be baked chicken and sweet potatoes, broccoli for me and corn for the husband.  Other than that, we are planning on relaxing the rest of the day and watching some football.  It should be a good day.

Have a good day and remember those who have left an impression on our lives and thank your God for them.  Peace people!

No comments: