Friday, October 21, 2011

WBE 11th Annual International Fair

Last night the husband and I participated in the Community International Fair held at the Elementary School.  It was our first time so we didn't know what to expect.  It was quite awesome!  I was pleasantly surprised.  The community was so supportive that the turnout was huge.  So many different countries were represented and the children were blowing my mind with their knowledge.  They had a 'passport' in hand to be stamped for each booth they viewed.  Surprisingly some of the kids were telling the parents where the countries were on the map. Ours label showed Ivory Coast but on the map it showed Cote d'Ivoire.  A lot of parents were searching for Ivory Coast but the kids quickly let them know the map labels it in French.  I was so tickled.

My husband did most of the talking and let me tell you, he was a freakin' superstar.  He surprises me with something new each day.  He was so passionate out making sure everyone learned something about it when they stopped.  And so many people commented to me about it.  If they learned nothing else, they learned that Cote d'Ivoire was the leading producer of cocoa.  At one point he left me alone to go and give his music to the people in charge.  Well, this had me nervous because I didn't have the knowledge he did.  What really surprised me was when people would come up and say, 'Your husband's dancing was awesome!'  I had no idea he was somewhere dancing.  Again, he surprises me.

I was so impressed with every booth.  Some to note were the Japanese Dragons and their Sushi Bar, India and their impressive Henna tattoo artists, Italy and their pizza dough tossing, England and the fabulous hot tea, and Mexico with the great food.  As I said, I was impressed by them all. 

We look forward to doing it again next year. These are just a few photos from last night. Enjoy!

Cameroon guy and my husband (Cote d'Ivoire) soccer debate.



Can't get this pic to flip. But the tea was awesome!











My hubby doing his thing!

India was very popular. The girls all loved the henna.



South Africa was very informative.


No, I didn't try the shrimp chips.

No comments: