Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tackling Terrible Traffic Tempers

I started the new job yesterday.  Don't ask how I like it yet because I haven't actually done any real work yet. Well, if you include filling out new hire paperwork, I did tons.  I can say I like the fact that there is a gym (with classes), a track and a cafeteria with an awesome salad and fruit bar.

Anyway, the new commute takes me roughly 35 minutes.  Not much of a commute to some but considering my last commute was a mere five minutes, the morning drive seems like an eternity.  In those thirty-five minute of driving yesterday, I was tense, stressed, and so annoyed that once I got to work, I was exhausted. 

Last night I vowed to made today different.  I woke up early and stocked my bag full of new and upbeat music.  I decided that if I have to sit in stop and go traffic for a half hour, I was going to find someway to enjoy it.  The traffic was even worse this morning than it was yesterday if that's even possible.  I tried to document this madness but there was a motorcycle cop in the lane next to me and I didn't want him to mistake snapping pics for texting. 

By the time I hit the freeway, I was singing at the top of my lungs.  Heck, I think I even mastered Busta Rhyme's rap from 'Look At Me Now.'  Lol.  Well...maybe not but I put in words that rhymed.  The point is that I reached my destination less stressed than I was yesterday.  I'm going to consider this my Mad Morning Meditation. 

Quote for the Day:  “There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva.” ~Josh Groban

No comments: