Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cover Preference

I've discovered something about myself.  I'm not the best person to ask if you are trying to recall who the artist is on the radio.  You see, I don't follow actual artists.  I do like the songs.  More often than not, I know the song and can probably sing it word for word but have no idea who the actual singer is.  Sadly, there is an even larger issue at hand.  I like covers.  Sometimes I like the covers much more than the original artist version.

I learned all this while listening the radio on my mp3 while trying to complete an hour on the treadmill.  I've come to a point in my journey where music track/treadmill workouts were no longer working.  If I'm tired and have little motivation, listening to the same songs over and over only serve irritate me.  Of course that never actually moves me to change the tracks. *Shrug* 

Anyway, I was tired of the same songs and of walking and getting nowhere.  Knowing getting off the treadmill will surely get me nowhere with my milege goal for the week, I decided to try listening to the radio.  This is when I figured out I actually knew the song but it just didn't sound right.  I was thinking they weren't singing it correctly.  Then it dawned on me.  I only knew the cover version I heard on youtube.  I listen to youtube a lot when I'm writing or just bored.  Seems I've gotten attached to it.  But on the chance that I ever end up on a gameshow needing to know the original artist, maybe I should consider listening to the radio a little bit more.

Oh well. It is what it is. I'll leave with one of my favorites. Karmin.




Quote of the Day: "There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." ~Josh Groban

No comments: