Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's Been A Good Day

It's been a pretty good day.  Busy but good.  Yes, I was tired but I had my own workload and I set a goal to finish it as quickly and perfectly as possible.  Nothing like a lofty goal to get the blood pumping.  Of course I didn't finish it all but the point is I tried.  Even as tired as I was, I managed a 30 minute walk after lunch.  It was too beautiful a day to stay inside when I didn't absolutely have to.  That small solitary walk gave me energy to finish up the rest of the day.  I even took the slower way home and was happy to find that it got me home 10 minutes earlier than the 'fast' route.  I think I'm going to try it again tomorrow.

I don't have a lot to share tonight because I've made some recent decisions that require posts of their own.  Well....that and I really am tired and imagine I will be asleep before 9pm.  I will say that these decisions require I learn focus, dedication and discipline.  I'm a little bit scared of the three of those standing next to each other.  But never mind that right now.  

And for the record, I stuck with better for me food all day long. I totally ignored the cup of Twix (es) some 'do-gooder' left on my desk.  If I find out who did it, I will waste no time finding out what their food weakness is.  Revenge by way of food is sweet! Y'all have a goodnight.


Wednesday's Meals

I had a Blue Blast smoothie for breakfast.
The lunch was side salad w/a little balsamic and EVOO with a side of baked Tilapia.
Dessert was cottage cheese with a teaspoon of orange marmalade and blackberries.  My snack was a tangerine.  The husband made use of the leftovers for dinner. Yummy!

That's about all I have to say about my day.

Quote of the Day: Discipline and dedication. Two values fast going out of fashion in a world fixated on pleasure, leisure and the quick fix.

No comments: