Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Week Ups and Downs

It's been quite a week.  Many ups and downs.  Heck, even some sideways if you ask me.  Anyway, I had a lot of time to document the week by pictures. 
Hairdresser is still MIA. I think I'm going to have to face the fact that my hair may be a bit too much for her.  I washed and picked it out before slapping on a scarf to head out the door for some shopping.

I'm disappointed in myself.  I slacked on the eating and working out while I was unemployed.  While trying on new work-wear, I see where that was a big mistake.  This suit was more snug than I would prefer but I got it anyway because I refuse to go larger.  I will hold on to it until I slim down.  And yes, this does work....the buy and workout to fit thing.  I'm too cheap to be having new clothes in my closet that I don't wear.

I even considered buying this.  It was comfortable.  But I texted the pic to my sister and she called and talked me off the ledge of 'comfort' wear.  Needless to say, I didn't buy it. 

I came home to start prepping for our Thanksgiving feast.  Nothing like having the crock pot to do a good portion of the hot work for you.

After telling my husband about my unfortunate dressing room experience, he prepared this meal for us.  It was pretty good but it did little to make me feel better. He said at least it wasn't a cheesy bready meal. Yeah...so?

Then we went to my SIL who showed me how to prepare Tchep Djen.  It's a Senegalese dish.  Everyone was expecting to have it included in the holiday meal.  We didn't disappoint!

Then there was some serious baking to be done.  I did  a peach cobbler, chocolate caramel cake and two sweet potato pies.  I intended to make a pound cake but I decided we would be fine w/o it due to the time.  Unfortunately, my husband kept mentioning the fact that there was not one.  It's his favorite. 

My trip to Thanksgiving dinner started with low visibility.  It was worse than this picture shows.

But the ride eventually cleared up.

My sister drove so we were able to get some nice landscape shots. 

We thought this would be a quick and easy trip but got word that my oldest brother was admitted to the hospital in Dallas.  Of course this extended out distance and our day.  Everything turned out OK.  He was discharged today.  I can only hope he finally decides to take better care of himself.

We got home late but it was so good to spend time with everyone.  And I didn't eat as much as I thought I would.  I just didn't have an appetite.  Probably because I was thinking of the ill fittings earlier in the week.  All in all, it was a pretty good week.  No Black Friday shopping for me.  I couldn't find anything that I needed in the sales advertisements or online.  Instead I spent those days sleeping and watching holiday movies.

The weather is cold ,windy and rainy and I've no responsibility to be anywhere.  I still have two days before I have to be back at work so I'm going to relax as much as possible.  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: