Sunday, November 27, 2011

Vegging Out

Enjoying the endless holiday movies.
It's a cold and windy morning.  Perfect for a lazy day.  So this morning I told my husband I was going to spend the day vegging out.  He was sitting at the dining room table glued to his laptop.  He tore his eyes away just long enough to look at me and then turned back.  I went to the sofa and started flipping channels thinking he understood I intended to do much of nothing. 

Fifteen minutes later he said, 'I thought you were going to cook vegetables.'   I looked at him and cocked my head to one side in confusion.  I sat there trying to recall any conversation where I might have mentioned cooking vegetables.  Then he seemed to get annoyed at my silence and staring so I had to give in and tell him I had no idea what he was talking about. 

He said, 'You just said you were going to spend the day making veggies.'

I laughed and proceeded to explain that 'vegging out' meant to do nothing.  I even googled it to prove my definition.  He shrugged and took his laptop to the bedroom. Guess he's going to spend the day 'vegging' while watching soccer.  Sometimes living with an ESL-er can be quite interesting.  It keeps you on your toes and can create some very amusing moments.  Man, I love my crazy life!

Cheers to a sweat pants, ugly tshirt, furry sock wearing, vegging Sunday!

No comments: