Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This Mind of Mine

My idle mind is something else. When I'm bored, my imagination drifts from the simple to the most fantastic. Sometimes I'm amazed at where it takes me. Other than the places I dare not mention, I can say most times they are great and often result in a pretty decent reality. I figured I'd give you a little glimpse of just how awesome I think it is.


This morning the husband and I just happened to be awake at about 4:30am. Don't ask. We were in the gym by 5. With it being Tuesday, it was an unplanned workout so there was no mapped out challenge. We did our own thing. Winging it, I started out on the treadmill. I wasn't really motivated nor was I feeling lazy. I was satisfied with the middle of the road feeling.  Walking at a comfortable misting pace, my mind did its thing. I started thinking about watching the NYC marathon and how amazing those people were. I've always wanted to be able to do something like that. Not necessarily to run the actual marathon but to say I can do it. My mind immediately sent up an image of me actually running a race. Well, one thing led to another and before I knew it, my motivation rose a few notches and I reached up and increased that speed. On top of that, the husband got wind of this new attitude and decided to challenge me. I never back down from a challenge so I ran a while just to show him how awesome I was. 

Now every now and again, the mind gets away from me and I have to reign it back in a bit. This happened at work today. I didn't have a lot to do so I was working hard to look busy. As I was 'reviewing' a file, my mind went on a pretty awesome adventure. I kid you not, it was a freakin' action movie. Working in a place where I regularly see uniformed officers, I had a good setting for this scene. Picture me leaving the secured area to get water or whatever. As I swipe back in, I float in all carefree and smiling only to be grabbed from the back and put in a headlock. In this dream, I have quick reflexes and I quickly take control of the situation by knocking the assailant on his butt. Once he's down, another comes out of nowhere and I am caught up in a Jackie Chan type fight. I win and am the hero of the moment. Sadly because I should have been working I had to end that dynamite dream. It did make me smile and that sparked a little more energy to carry me through the last couple hours of the day.

So I have a fantastic imagination and it appears right about the time I have nothing better to do. The good thing is I can turn it into a less fantastic reality with a change or two...and less life threatening actions. Lol. Less fantastic is still pretty good right?

Here's to adventures of the mind and a satisfying, less kickbutt reality. It's all good!

Quote of the Day:  "Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed."  ~Joseph Addison

No comments: