Friday, November 18, 2011

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

My view of the Running Man (or youtube video). 
It's Friday and I'm finally winding down.  My drive home was eye-opening.  Not really but it was one of those moments when I get all deep with myself.  These deep moments usually end with me turning everything that previously was hormonally devastating into a positive.  Luckily my mind eventually buffs things up enough to show the bright side.  This week was no different. 

Since I've started this new job I've complained about the traffic.  Woe is me....it's so terrible....I'll die of exhaust fumes....I'm going broke buying gas.  You name it, I've said it.  Fortunately (sorta) on my trip back from my Dad's this weekend, we got stuck in traffic.  There was an accident miles up the highway and we were stuck going not more than 10mph.  It was terrible.  Luckily 45 minutes into it, we were able to exit and ride the access road pass the accident.  After that it was smooth sailing.  I say this was fortunate because bright and early the next morning on my way to work, I hit traffic.  We weren't really going at any speed but we were moving.  It didn't bother me. It wasn't until I was almost at my destination  that it occurred to me why.  I remembered how hard it was to be stuck at 10mph.  My slowest commute speed that morning was about 30mph.  Virtually a high speed drive compared to the weekend.  See, the bright side.

Work has been interesting.  I have a 'trainer' that doesn't really know the job.  She's still learning as it turns out.  But she's so happy and positive and keeps saying 'We'll learn together'.  This works most of the time.  The manager claims she knows the job but doesn't offer to train.  The other person on my team should know it but says she does not.  I suspect she is just one of those that likes to just work and not have to teach.  I could be annoyed but as it turns out, this is like going back to school.  I like school. I gather knowledge from anyone that offers it, bring it home to study and am back the next day to absorb more.  It's a good thing.

I think I mentioned I was back on the muscle relaxers due to back spasms.  Seems they are less and I only had to do the relaxers a couple of days.  I'm notorious for not following Dr's orders and working at doing it naturally.  This was no different.  Of course taking the relaxers made me loopy all night and the next day so it was imperative I get off of them as soon as the weekend ended.  Can't make a 'speedy' commute under the influence of loopers.


My commute home has certainly been good for me.  It's even more congested than the drive in but it has more to offer.  I'm going home so I'm so much more relaxed as I'm not on a time table.  I've discovered the route is slower but that has forced me to check out my surroundings.  I have since discovered Rockin' Rice, a restaurant that has pretty tasty Korean food.  There are also a couple of really good retro junk shops.  I passed one for days drooling over a pair of chairs.  I'm going this weekend to get them as I'm sure they were meant just for me.  I also get my daily Rundberg Dancer performance.  He's there every weekday dancing at the intersection.  I just recently found out he's not coo-coo as some think.  He's working out.  I tried to take a pic with my phone. Not a very good one but I also found a youtube video.  He might be one of the only things to smile about on that particular intersection.  Watch the video...you'll see. 
Last but not least, I get to come home to two guys and a girl that love me unconditionally.  My husband greets me with a huge hug everyday.  Of course while I get my hug, I have two ankle scratchers competing for my attention below....my puppies.  It's a nice feeling. 

Have an awesome weekend!

Quote of the Day: When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle and this'll help things turn out for the best...And...always look on the bright side of life...Always look on the light side of life. ~Monty Python's Life of Brian

No comments: