Saturday, November 19, 2011

Social Peaker

I have a confession to make. I'm nosey.  More specifically, I like to peak.  Not in the way you are probably thinking.  I'm not at all interested in peaking at people that have shut themselves away from view.  No, I like to take a peak at people's lives through social networking.  Those who have their accounts set up to be viewed by the public.  That's OK right?  Well?  Hm...Or maybe I'm just curious. 

Anyway, with the facebook changes, sometimes you have access to other's pages that you would never have discovered had a friend not commented on their status, photo, etc.  So anyway, on the rare occasion (like today) when I've accepted the fact that I'm just not going to be productive, I explore the lives of complete strangers via facebook photos.  If you've never done this, you should try it.  I perused the photos of a friend of a friend just now.  They had a good stock too.  So many nouns.  Get it?  People, places things and even some ideas!  This particular person I liked.  That doesn't always happen.  Sometimes I wonder how and why my 'friends' are friends with them.  But that's beside the point.  Heck, I don't really know most of the 'friends' I have on facebook.  Do you? 

Back to today's stalki...er...viewing.  As I said, I liked this person.  Looking through the photos was like watching a mini movie.  I saw all the places they've been.  Learned what they liked to do in their off time.  I even learned what they ate for 2 weeks straight due to food-journaling via iPhone photos.  The vacation photos were fabulous.  And the people they hang with seemed to be just as interesting.  After checking out some pretty good pics (nice, colorful, magazine-like ones), I concluded that if I knew this person, we would more than likely be good friends.  Well, if personality through pics are any indication.  I will probably never meet this person and really have no desire to do so.  It's just fun.  It's a bit like taking an evening stroll and seeing a family having dinner through their fully lit dining room window.  You look, you smile, you move on.  I think that's OK.  So, I checked out all the photos and then moved on to something more interesting. 

And there you have it.   I'm very curious and slightly nosey.  I just wanted to put that out there.  It was on my mind and my mind is an open blog.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: