Thursday, April 28, 2011

Consider This Row Hoed

So, I'm just a day and some change from this promised 10K.  Unfortunately, I couldn't be more lazy about it.  I've been working out and walking but not half as much as I have the last few weeks.  This past weekend I must have slept 12 hours each day.  I don't know what that's about.  And getting up at 5am to workout?  Well, the hubby and I have made it a total of 2 times this week and a long walk over the weekend.  We even skipped our Sunday Six!  What that?!?  I don't know what's going on.  He says it's because I had been working out every morning and then doing my after work walks with my girls.  That's possible.  Saturday hit and my body said sit the hell down and stay there!  I obeyed. 

This week I'm not half as exhausted but my drive for the burn is not there.  I went walking today with my friend and I think she had more pick up than I did.  Hell, starting out I thought she was walking a bit fast for me. Don't get me wrong, I was hella impressed with her.   I just didn't feel like doing anything outside of sitting on the sofa eating a 1/2 pan of brownies or something.  Anything but hitting the pavement.  But I did it.  Thank goodness she showed up because the sofa would have nestled my juicy round butt and I might not have indulged in the pan of brownies but I more than likely would have gotten something equally as bad.  So, we did 2.75 miles and it was a cool 85 degrees.   I feel better having done it and am now understanding why it's good to have a workout buddy. 

I will have my 10K Saturday and I will finish it.  I feel a creeping, nagging voice waaayyy in the back of my mind that is whispering fear.  Fear that I might not do as well or even complete it.  Pish-posh!  I know better than that!  I know I can do this.  I've walked that distance several times.  And I'm a Texan.  I can handle the hell out of the heat right?  Damned right!  OK damning voice....get thee behind me!  If I have to talk to myself through the entire 6.2 miles, I surely will, no matter how crazy I sound. 

See you Saturday Waco!

Quote for the Day:
Don't let your worries get the best of you.  Remember, Moses started out a basket case!

No comments: