Thursday, May 31, 2012

Worth It


I have this posted on my wall at work hoping it will get me through today's killing.  By killing I mean my rowing test.  I have to hit 2000 meters in at least 9 minutes and 15 seconds.  It doesn't sound like much but I've constantly been hitting a wall when trying to reach this goal.  Just 35 seconds shy of reaching it as a matter of fact.

Two days ago a friend came to me and said she signed us up to complete the test because it would be the last time until September.  Well...two days...two short days?!?  I scoffed in disbelief, shock and then fear.  After some time working on my mind I decided I had to do it.  If not now, when?  It's worth a try.

So I found this quote somewhere and decided it was speaking to me.  Hurt it will. The grunting that causes an acid like taste in my mouth.  The burning arms and legs. Yeah... I know this pain well.   Time....oh dear sweet time. I won't ever get it back.  It has taken a couple of months of dedication, willpower, healthier decisions and sacrifice.  There was temptation and for the most part I've turned my back on it.

My goal is 9:15.  It will be worth it!

No comments: