Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dr. Feel Good In The Morning

Breakfast in bed.  Yeah...he's Ivorian so that big hunk o'bread
is normal and there is a drop of coffee in that mug of milk. Lol. 
I went to bed with a mild migraine.  I managed to wake up to a bad one.  Felt like a little mean short man was inside the front of my head pounding out his anger with a little sledgehammer.  While still in bed, the husband asked me if my headache was better.  I moaned, groaned and didn't say much.  His response was, 'Yacko.  Stay in bed.  I'll bring you something and make you breakfast.'  For a change, I obeyed.  I must have gone back to sleep because the next thing I knew, he was asking if I was asleep.  I opened my eyes and didn't see him and turned to find him at my bedside table with breakfast, and Excedrin migraine and a glass of water. Even in my haze of pain, I was grateful and almost in tears (which makes a headache worse).  He's my Dr. Feelgood.  Yes he is.   

Though today's quote means something entirely different, it does the trick.

Quote of the Day: 'That man takes care of all my pains and ills. His name is Doctor Feelgood in the morning.To take care of business is really this man's game. And after one visit to Dr. Feelgood, you understand why I feel good, in this pain.' ~Aretha Franklin's 'Dr. Feelgood'

No comments: