Friday, June 1, 2012

Free Pattypan and a Smile


I got up this morning with a headache.  I forgot to eat breakfast and was running late for work.  I must have hit every traffic light and vacationing slow driver possible.  My favorite parking spot was taken when I did reach my workplace.  The receptionist that I usually chat with was replaced by a stern-faced individual that had issues with saying a simple good morning.  I had a sinking feeling this was not going to be a good day. 

If I've learned only one thing in my many years, it's that each day brings surprises and there is always something to smile about.  Well this workday brought something for me to smile about.  Because I must have the smallest bladder around, my first stop after walking into my building is the bathroom.  I walked in and turned the corner and a free bag of pattypan squash.  There was nothing wrong with giving squash for free.  The problem is that it was put in the bathroom just outside the most frequently used corner stall.  Why put it there when there was a perfectly good table in the foyer area just outside?  This was a topic of laughter and conversation all day long. Lol. 

So my morning started rough  but I found that smile.

Quote of the Day: Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.  ~Jim Beggs

  

No comments: