Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Ate It

Last week was full of food laziness.  I waited the last minute to prepare lunches, made bad choices and put off grocery shopping.  I have a habit of snapping pictures of my lunches and after viewing them, I've decided things were not so terrible.

I started out doing OK.  This was a salad of avocado, black beans, cucumber, tomatoes and vinaigrette with fruit on the side.  It was very satisfying.

This pitiful breakfast was the result of poor planning.  I was running late.  When I got to work I took half my lunch yogurt and a few blackberries and mixed them in a cup.  Luckily I found a half bag of sliced almonds in my desk that added just the crunch I needed.  Without crunch it is very hard for me to tolerate the texture of yogurt in the morning.

The same poor planning day resulted in this lunch.  It's turkey bacon, egg, cucumber and orange.  Surprisingly enough, it was fairly filling.

I was wanting something other than my apple to snack on at work.  I have a jar of crunchy peanut butter in my desk.  This teaspoon is used to make sure I don't go overboard as I find peanut butter sometimes tempts me beyond the tablespoon snack.  This went well with the apple.

Chai tea at my desk.  Tea is probably one of the best snacks I have at work.  It calms my stomach when I have nothing to munch on. Unsweetened with a drop of creamer and it's much better than a vending machine choice.

I did finish off the week with a decent meal.  I've had this one before because we tend to have leftover fish.  That's oven-fried tilapia on french bread with iceberg and tomatoes with a side of fruit. Yum!

There you have it.  My choices aren't always perfect but I do eat and I'm not too hard on myself.  I was recently accused of depriving myself because I turned down cookies at work.  Honestly, at the time I just didn't want them.  That doesn't mean I don't eat them.  I am just trying to be mindful about eating the junk.  Is that so bad?  No.  I eat and the meals don't always make sense but they give me enough fuel to make it through the day.

Happy Eating! 

No comments: