Saturday, May 5, 2012

No Pity= Good Workout

I showed up to class yesterday with little motivation.  My energy was next to none and I had an attitude to match.  Thanks hormones.  Why did I bother showing up?  Well a few weeks ago I was in the same frame of mind and sent my husband a text telling him how I felt and that I was just going to go straight home.  He's not one to sugar-coat things.  His response back to me was 'If you are feeling that way then you need to go.'  Short and simply put...that's how he is.  I read it and was so annoyed and a bit angry he didn't sympathize with me.  I decided at that point I didn't want to see his face and stayed.  Of course I felt so much better and had to eat the angry crow by the time I was done.  He was right...again.  Damn the man!  Lol.  Sadly I don't remember these things when they happen again.  I sent him several texts all day yesterday telling him how tired I was.  How I wanted to just lie down.  How much people annoyed me.  His response yesterday was, 'Yacko.  I'm sorry you are tired.  You will feel better after you workout.' Humph!  I called him on my lunch and whined again.  He said he would have me dinner waiting when I was done with my workout.  So, I went and of course it turned out well.  I know now that even when I'm at the worst part of 'that time', I can still work through it.  I just have to keep my head in the game.  I knocked out a 2000 meter row in 9 minutes 48 seconds and then did a drill of rows, push ups, abs and leg work.  'Flo ain't got nuthin' on me!  Lol.  I got up this morning and did a 3.5 mile walk/run.  It was pretty good.  I ran a little faster and longer than before.  That was my goal for the week.  While on the trail I also got to cheer on some little kids participating in the neighborhood Kids Swim and Run.  They were so little but so fast.  I'm sure triathlons are in the future for some of them.  They were so fast with the switch and running in little swim suits were nothing for some of them.  Seeing the smiles on their faces when they realized I was cheering them on was priceless!  It was a good morning.  I indulged in an afternoon nap so now I guess it's time for me to try and be productive.  Have a great weekend!


No comments: