Saturday, February 11, 2012

Snacking away Temptation

Monday's pickling cucumber
and ff cream cheese (not pictured)
I'm like any other person when it comes to trying to eat better.  I am tempted by things I know will do me no good.  Working in an office with several women seems to make that battle a little bit harder.  They mean well but they always want to share the wrong things.  Luckily, they all seem to have gotten wind of my new habits and try to bring fruits and veggies when there is to be a celebration for one reason or another.  I do appreciate this but I try to let them know that they don't have to do this just for me.  You see, I'm not tempted by donuts at all.  I've learned to hold the memory of how dry the last celebration cake was and can never get pass finding a hair in the last bowl of homemade cookies someone brought.  On top of all that (and after the last store-bought cookie battle) I have been bringing very satisfying break-snacks. 

Tuesday's carrot/banana smoothie
an apple, and rice cake.
One of my co-workers commented on it last week.  She said, 'I can't believe you are actually bringing your snacks AND eating them.  I bring my yogurt and still manage to buy a jumbo muffin when I get here!' She's right. I do bring my snacks and eat them and I don't go beyond that. It's not because I have better willpower.  It's mostly because I'm cheap.  No sense in spending money on food there if I have some already.  Besides...my snacks are pretty darned good. Anyway, I told her I hadn't really thought about what I bring because I just toss something in my bag before coming into work so I decided to spend the week taking pics of my snacks. I've discovered they are not complex and I don't have a lot of variety.  But that's OK.  I turned down dry cake in favor of my peanut butter rice cake Friday.  It was definitely a good thing.


Thursday's banana, Fiber One bar, and apple.

Wednesday's pear and
peanut butter rice cake.












Friday's pb rice cake, apple and
a couple of prunes.
  I'm very happy with the selection as it barely shakes the change in my pocketbook and they really are satisfying.  As you can see I have water with everything.  I do love water so I am OK with not adding flavors to it to get through a bottle.  In fact, I think I must down at least 72 oz in a workday.  That includes the chucks during the workouts.  I refill at the fountain every couple of hours so even that is free. 

I don't know that most agree with snacking during the day but it keeps me from feeling starved by lunch or dinner.  I see nothing wrong with it if I make the right choices.  Besides, it's all about me right?  Lol. 

Have an awesome weekend!

Quote of the Day: He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors. ~Chinese Proverb

No comments: