Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lesson Learned

I got up this morning and completed a 4 mile walk/run this morning.  Took about an hour.  It was nice enough but I was alone due to the husband's injury and the dogs were just not cooperating enough for me to take them.  I put in an ear bud and listened to Prevention Magazine's 40 minute Chutes and Ladders podcast as I made my way to the pond.  Once I hit the gravel I was feeling pretty good.  It had been about 3 months since I used to the pod casts and I found that it was easy to keep up the pace this time around.  I've come a long way from my struggle to keep up the pace. I'm so proud of that.

What I'm not proud about is my lack of thinking.  When I got home, I jumped in the shower, got dressed and told the husband I would run out to get him a compression bandage, bread and a few staples.  I decided I would wait to have breakfast when I returned.  Big mistake!  While I was filling my cart, I began to feel a little dizzy.  My stomach was rumbling and all I wanted to do was lie down.  I struggled through filling my list and praying that I wouldn't pass out. Just to be safe, I picked up a muffin from the bakery and took a bite in hopes it would make me feel better.  By the time I got home, I was worn out.

I quickly scrambled an egg white and tossed some fruit and the remainder of my muffin on a plate.  It was a good breakfast but a little late.  Next time I'll have to force myself to slow down long enough to get something in my body before running full speed to my errands.  That's my lesson for the day.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: