Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Cookie's Calling

A Pinterest find.
I had a bit of a wake-up call on my recent ramped-up journey to fit.  It was that temptation thing again.  A few co-workers decided to join my Crossfit class Thursday.  We didn't have the Miss trainer that day.  It just so happened the Mister showed up....with a plotting smile.  He worked the hell out of us.  So much so I was feeling the aches start that same night!  Oh but it was good. 

Friday came along and I walked into the office to donuts, empanadas, and cookies.  WTH!?!  One of the ladies from the workout came up to me and said, 'Now we did all that grunting and sweating yesterday only to walk in here to temptation!'  I agreed with her and we all laughed about this.  Needless to say they all treated themselves to a donut.  Not me. Not because I was stronger.  No...I just don't like donuts.  The one thing that did surprise me was the temptation of store-bought cookies.  Store-bought!  Where did that come from?  I don't know but there they sat on the corner of the microwave just calling my name. 

All day those evil little things sat there taunting me.  I was surprised at my bodies reaction to them.  I really, really wanted one.  Everyone kept saying, 'Sometimes you gotta give in to temptation' or 'One won't hurt you.' Well, they hadn't been steadily killing it in the gym for two weeks either!  My feelings were so hurt each time I passed them up.  I told myself that I would feel better when the day ended and I never took one.  I even sent an emergency email to a friend asking her to give me reasons why I didn't want or need that cookie.  She came through in no time.  Of course that didn't take away the temptation.

Five o'clock came and I proudly marched out of the office without ever touching one.  It was so much harder than I would have expected.  Store-bought cookies. Really?  I scoff at them most times because I am so into from scratch baking.  How could they have been such a temptation?  I have got to do better than that!

Well, it's back to the grind tomorrow and I have packed my lunch box with foods that should act as a defense against any wrinky-dink sugary temptations the office presents.  I can do this!

Have a good night.

"Discipline is remembering what you want." ~David Campbell

No comments: