Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Carrot A Day

A week or two ago I bought a new bag of carrots.  Now keep in mind, we always buy the large bag because they keep so well. Anyway, while putting away my purchases, I realized there was already an unopened bag in the crispier.  Grrr!  I hate to double buy.  So, the husband and I have been eating carrots in most every lunch and dinner.  Here are just a couple of my creative lunches.
 Pasta with pureed tomatoes, ground turkey, broccoli and carrots.  Pretty tasty. 
This is a cold salad lunch of vinaigrette, quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, avocado and carrots. 

We've also had dinners of roasted carrots with potatoes and chicken, pureed carrot soup with grilled cheese, and several salads with carrot ribbons.  I once said my husband loved carrots more than I did but it seems with this fortunate mistaken purchase, I am once again learning to appreciate the wonderful flavor (and benefit) of carrots.

Quote of the Day:  “That would be cool if you could eat a good food with a bad food and the good food would cover for the bad food when it got to your stomach. Like you could eat a carrot with an onion ring and they would travel down to your stomach, then they would get there, and the carrot would say, It's cool, he's with me.” ~Mitch Hedberg

No comments: