Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Smile

This is just a quick post.  Sometimes it's the little things that remind me that I am in this place for a reason and it is a good place.  I took Sofie out for final call potty.  She only wanted to bark at the cat.  I had to pull Baxter out of his crate and sit him on the grass outside.  I didn't realize the cat was there.   He walked up to it and sniffed and licked the cat's nose.  I couldn't help but smile.  Thank goodness for understanding cats. 

Then, I went into the bathroom to remove my contacts while the husband was in the shower.  He's singing an Eric Clapton song.  It is a botched rendition but very cute.  He doesn't know all the words and hums and then adds some French words and then picks it back up.  I didn't let him know I was there because I don't think he intended anyone to hear this.  So very cute that I was grinning the entire time I was removing my contacts. 

I had been brooding over some things all day.  He even suggested we see a funny movie to lighten my mood.  We went and saw Larry Crowne.  It was funny but I think this evening shower singing show was the best thing for me.  I can honestly say the fact that he can have me grinning without even knowing it, is but one of the reasons I love him. 

I'm very thankful for all the little things that work together to form the one big thing I call My Life.  It's good.

Have a good night!

No comments: