Friday, June 17, 2011

My Tall Glass of Sexy

I went to the grocery store today and had to stop myself from buying out half the produce section.  I love veggies and fruit anytime but in the summer, it's like an addiction.  Everything looked so good and juicy and there were so many possibilities.  When I finally got home with my loot, I was so tired that I didn't feel like eating anything.  All I wanted was a tall glass of sexy.  No....I don't mean my husband although he's been known to answer to that!  LOL.  I mean a glass of water.  After 27 days with no rain and a couple of weeks (or more) of temperatures ranging from 99 degrees to 104, a tall glass of water is as sexy as it gets.   I found my largest glass and filled it with ice and a lime wedge.  I let it sit a couple of minutes while adding a couple of cubes to the dog's water bowl. Hey, they are true southern (Texas) dogs and they feel the heat just as much as me.  Now, I can enjoy my frosty glass of goodness!

Quote for my day: Enjoy your sweat because hard work doesn't guarantee success, but without it you don't have a chance.

No comments: