Friday, July 6, 2012

My Summer Table

 I've been lazy about cooking lately and I'm not ashamed of it.  I don't relish standing over the stove in this heat.  Sure...the AC is on full force but I like to save a little $$ by reducing the energy we use.  And saving money is just an added advantage to the nice fresh veggies and fruit summer produces.  So during the summer months you'll find our table holding simple and cooler meals.  This was my day's worth yesterday.

Breakfast (Egg white, crescent rolls, peaches, strawberries and Earl Grey w/milk)

Lunch (Hummus, cucumbers, grapes, strawberries and water)

Snack (Probably the best peach I've had in a couple of years.  So very sweet!)

Dinner (Pork strips, romaine, tomatoes, onion, avocado and Italian dressing)

Not pictured was a float I made using lemon lime soda and fat free frozen whipped topping.  The husband was not sure about it at first but even he admitted it was a great idea.  It's a great low-cost dessert for a hot summer night.   I'll have to make another and get a good picture to post.  The things I do in the name of blogging....lol.




No comments: