Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dishing it Up

This weekend the husband was suffering from allergy symptoms so he was in no condition to be cooking.  Unfortunately because he was up most of the night coughing, sneezing, blowing and spraying, I didn't get much sleep either.  This made for both of us being fairly tired.  We spend most of the day dozing on the couch.  When dinnertime came around, it was my responsibility to come up with something to eat.  

I didn't want to do much of anything to tell you the truth.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider going out and getting something cheesy, beanie and full of fat.  Yep...I was craving Mexican.  Luckily, I glanced at my workout calendar above my desk and figured there was no sense in working that hard in a week and then fill my body with a fast, high fat fix.  So, I made my way to the fridge and pulled out the veggies that needed to be eaten soon.  I found precooked turkey Italian sausage and chicken tenders in the freezer.  I decided tossing these together should result in something edible.  I was right.

Sliced carrots, bell peppers, red peppers, onions, zucchini, sausage, chicken, chopped canned potatoes, and seasoning.  
I chopped the tenders before getting started.

I sauteed the sliced carrots in a little olive oil to soften them a bit.

Stir in the onion and peppers.

Once they are softened, add the zucchini.

Then the potatoes.

Then the sausage.


...and the chicken.

I decided to toss in a quarter can of diced tomatoes and a half cube bouillon cube.  I only use a half cube because I find a whole one to be too salty.

Voila!  Some kind of veggie/meat stir-fry!

So, I'm not good at naming these creations but it was pretty darned tasty.  The husband agreed and I trust he wasn't lying. :-)

Have a great weekend!

Quote of the Day: “The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.” ~ Julia Child 


No comments: