Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Not the Work

I have a phrase that I try to remember when things get tough or even when I'm just tired of it all. It goes, It's not the work but the purpose that makes it so special. I don't really know where I saw that. I think it was in a book. Sorry....can't site it until I remember. In any case, I have tried applying it to everything I do. I work so that my husband and I can have it a little easier. I workout so that I can be healthier. I pray for my soul and those of others. I smile to make someone else's day better. Everything is special. Sometimes we trudge through life thinking of how hard it is or how boring it is or just thinking of how we would rather be doing something else. Well, try keeping this phrase handy. When you think about why you are doing it, it moves you just a little bit. For some of you, maybe it moves you a lot. But I know one thing for sure, it will definitely make you think. And if you can't find a special reason for whatever it is you are doing....well, I say stop doing it because in the end it probably won't be worth the time. Making my life special involves work and I'm here to say so far, it's all been worth it. Well, I was giving my husband a bit of a silent treatment but after writing this, I think I need to go hug him. After all, he was working at making our lives special too! Goodnight.

No comments: