Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Heavy

Alex and I went to the gym this morning.  I thought I would be tired considering the 4 miles yesterday and we got to bed late (11:30).  We were watching the show 'Heavy'.  It was inspiring.  I think maybe more inspiring than 'The Biggest Loser'.  We watched two shows before finally calling it a night.  Nevertheless, we were both wide awake at 4:50.  We got dressed and grabbed a dog and went out for the morning dog P&P.  We made it into the gym at about 5:10 and stayed until 6.  It was a good workout even if it was short.  I had made up my mind that I would try to keep up his pace to get a good sweat going. And did I sweat!  His running intervals were longer but I stayed with him.  Somewhere in one of the runs, I got a visual of me tripping due to an untied shoe lace.  But I had double laced them so that wasn't going to happen.  I do that sometimes....envision the worst that could happen.  Luckily it rarely lasts more than a split second.  Strange, I know.  But I feel energized and had a good breakfast of a raspberry and soy milk smoothie along with a bran muffin.  So, I guess I'm now off to work.  Gonna be a gorgeous day with a high of 61.  I might get outside and walk a little bit even though my walking buddy no longer works with me. I have my music to keep me company.

No comments: