Wednesday, November 2, 2011

J.C, Dinah, Luther and Busta'

I've had a rather interesting week of driving.  I keep thinking I'm going to get use to the early morning rush hour craziness but it still bothers the heck out of me.  Not enough to regret my job, but enough to seriously consider the perks of public transportation.  But there are some good things that have come out of all of this.  I have passengers that I'll bet few can say they have.  In the passenger's seat there's always good ole J.C. aka Jesus.  Pulling up the rear today were Dinah Washington, Luther Vandross and Busta' Rhymes.

This morning I left 4 minutes later than usual thanks to poor planning and a kick-my-butt workout.  You'd think this wouldn't make a difference but it does.  Merging into 10 mph traffic is what you get when you hit the freeway 4 minutes late. It sucks.  A lot.  Don't even get me started on how much I dislike driving while it's still dark out while wearing glasses.  The glare....oh the glare!  I really need to remember I have contacts.    Once I finally got into the slow moving lane, I realized my body was tense and my shoulders were aching.  Right away, I slid in a mix CD to try to relax.  It didn't take me long to start singing along to Dinah Washington's 'Relax'.  Get it?  I added that hoping it would remind me to do just that.  My body started to unwind and I even began to enjoy myself a little.  I was cool for a little while.

I was cool and then the heat was on me like...like...I don't know what but it was there.  Up the exit lane came this speeding little silver BMW.  Because it was moving at a good pace and the exit lane had run out, I kept moving at my regular pace.  That little piece of pretentious metal cut me off by mere inches.  Inches!  Of course I had to call on my old buddy Jesus.  Well, after I had a few choice words for the Cut-Me-Off -Car. I think I heard J.C. 'tsk' me but I'm confident I'm forgiven for the rainbow of words.  I soon got over some of my anger and crooned with Luther Vandross singing about some good love.  When I was finally able to get off the dreaded highway, I joined in with Busta's Rhymes for some Pass the Courvoisier (the clean one).  I had to laugh a little at the fact that I imagined all of my passengers singing to this song.  I know it's probably wrong to imagine Jesus rapping but my Jesus is down y'all. 

I made it to work on time and had a pretty good day.  Now I can lay it down and do it all again tomorrow.  As much as I complain, I do realize without these moments, I wouldn't have a heck of a lot to say in my blogs now would I?  Lol.  I sure hope someone enjoys them.  Off to bed to think about the looming holiday also known as Daylight Savings Time.  I do believe this is the first year I've actually looked forward to it.
Have a good one!

Quote of the Day:  "Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it." ~Ellen DeGeneres

No comments: